Caring for our community’s children is a key element of The Elizabeth Hospice’s mission.
Childhood grief is more prevalent than most people realize. One in 17 children in California will experience the death of a parent or sibling by age 18. Without child grief support, grieving children are at higher than normal risk for problems in school, substance abuse, depression and anxiety.
Our comprehensive Children’s Bereavement Program is the only one of its kind in San Diego County and Southwest Riverside County. Children’s bereavement services are free of charge and open to everyone.
Now accepting applications for Peer-Based Grief Support Groups (ages 3 to 17) which begin Oct. 2022. Space is limited. Apply today!
For more information about our children’s grief support groups, call 760.223.7337 or email email@example.com.
Peer-Based Grief Support Groups
- Bimonthly, 90-minute, evening sessions
- Concurrent parent/guardian groups
- Ages 3 to 17
Bereavement Camps – Camp Spero
- Grief-related activities
- Traditional camp fun
- Ages 7 to 17
- Newcomers and returning campers
School-Based Grief Support Groups
- 8-week series
- School districts throughout San Diego and Southwest Riverside Counties
- Elementary through High School
Community Grief Education and Support
- Crisis intervention for students and faculty
- Grief and loss training for educators and healthcare professionals
One-on-One Grief Counseling
- 30 and 50-minute sessions utilizing therapeutic games, expressive arts, play and other age-appropriate activities
- Office locations: Carlsbad, Escondido, San Diego and Temecula
- Preschool to Grade 12
Our Children’s Bereavement Centers are kid-friendly spaces where children can share their feelings, thoughts, and stories as they process their grief. The Centers are located in Escondido (930 Canterbury Place) and Mission Valley (8989 Rio San Diego, Suite 190).
The Children’s Bereavement Program is made possible through the generous support of individuals and organizations.
If you would like to donate supplies for use by the participants in the program, click HERE to see our Wish List.
Here are some resources to help you and your children during this difficult time.
Gratitude Tree, a family activity
Holiday Toolkit, Supporting Grieving Children During the Season of Family, created by the National Alliance for Children Grieving
Hugs on a String, an activity to help grieving youth talk about their feelings