We Honor Veterans
It is a privilege to serve those who have served our country.
“My father was a WWII Veteran. When he faced a chronic illness in his later years, The Elizabeth Hospice supported his transition to end-of-life care. The Elizabeth Hospice was as dedicated to my father as my father was to his nation. Their service truly honored his.”
Daughter of WWII Veteran
Caring for Veterans Every Day
The Elizabeth Hospice staff have received training from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans at the end-of-life. Some of our staff have also served in the armed forces. We understand that veterans share a unique culture, yet have different experiences that may greatly impact end-of-life care.
- We understand that some combat veterans who have coped well throughout their lives may experience increased combat-related memories and distressing emotions during their end-of-life journey.
- Exposure to traumatic events may also impact physical health later in life.
- We recognize that the effects of military service, good and bad, can continue to resonate throughout a lifetime.
- Our team understands these challenges. You are not alone.
The Elizabeth Hospice offers services to address your specific needs such as:
- Connecting you with local VA staff to provide resources.
- Accessing VA benefits.
- Emotional counseling support for you and your family.
- Veteran to Veteran volunteer program.
- Assistance with military funeral and memorial planning.
- Bereavement counseling.
How Can The Elizabeth Hospice Help You or a Loved One?
- Our care team comes to you so that you can remain in your own home.
- No more unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Live as pain-free as possible.
- Receive medication, supplies and equipment that help make you more comfortable.
- Have your pain and symptoms well managed to provide more quality time with family and friends.
- Receive regular home visits and have nurses available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
- Help you access the VA or Medicare hospice benefits.
- Offer emotional and spiritual support for you and your family caregiver.
We are here to help you. Please call us at 760.737.2050for more information about our Veterans Program.